SL Environmental Law Group has filed a lawsuit against 3M Company, E.I. DuPont de Nemours Inc. and other manufacturers of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) on behalf of York Sewer District.
The suit was filed after sampling of the district's wastewater system indicated PFAS contamination. Exposure to PFAS has been linked to several human health problems, including increased cholesterol levels, developmental delays and cancer.
Read more about the lawsuit and current PFAS regulations from IndustryWeek partner publication Wastewater Digest.IndustryWeek coverage of PFAS includes:
- EPA Proposed Limits on PFAS Forever Chemicals in Drinking Water
- What Regulations Will Impact the Chemical Sector in 2023?
- So That Happened: BMW Tops US Exports and Reader's Movie Picks
- Microplastics Are in the News, and Manufacturers Are Seeing Lawsuits
- Wrestling with the Rules: How to Lead Through the Haze of Changing Regulations