No Term Limits For CEOs

Jan. 13, 2005
By John S. McClenahen Ten years after term limits were imposed on some politicians, the issue is being raised again -- for CEOs. And despite CEO misdeeds, actual and perceived, term limits on their tenures are not popular with executives and employees ...
ByJohn S. McClenahen Ten years after term limits were imposed on some politicians, the issue is being raised again -- for CEOs. And despite CEO misdeeds, actual and perceived, term limits on their tenures are not popular with executives and employees in public companies. Some 58% of 172 people polled last week by Clark Consulting, North Barrington, Ill., say CEOs of large public companies should not be subject to term limits. The remaining 42% believe CEOs should be term-limited.

Popular Sponsored Recommendations

Global Supply Chain Readiness Report: The Pandemic and Beyond

Sept. 23, 2022
Jabil and IndustryWeek look into how manufacturers are responding to supply chain woes.

Empowering the Modern Workforce: The Power of Connected Worker Technologies

March 1, 2024
Explore real-world strategies to boost worker safety, collaboration, training, and productivity in manufacturing. Emphasizing Industry 4.0, we'll discuss digitalization and automation...

How Manufacturers Can Optimize Operations with Weather Intelligence

Nov. 2, 2023
The bad news? Severe weather has emerged as one of the biggest threats to continuity and safety in manufacturing. The good news? The intelligence solutions that build weather ...

How Organizations Connect and Engage with Frontline Workers

June 14, 2023
Nearly 80% of the 2.7 billion workers across manufacturing, construction, healthcare, transportation, agriculture, hospitality, and education are frontline. Learn best practices...

Voice your opinion!

To join the conversation, and become an exclusive member of IndustryWeek, create an account today!